Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

You're Just Lazy!



Just get up off your ass!

That's my favorite line.  I tell it to myself a lot too.  Here's the reality though.  I've gotten off my ass numerous times.  For months at a time and have seen some results but not enough to get me over that hump.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Here's an old gem but if I had the energy to fight with someone who said that to me this is what I'd say:
Assume you weigh a healthy 150lbs.  Well I weigh 352lbs as of my last weigh in.  Let's just round that down to 350.

Let's do the get off your ass test with you.  Strap 200lbs to your ass and don't just get up but go to work, take care of your children and do everything else you normally do throughout the day.  You're going to make it about 10 minutes if you're lucky.

Does this make me a better person because I can carry  that much weight around for 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week, 365 days a year?  No.  It makes me an idiot.  No person in their right mind would choose to do this.

And when I say go to work and take care of your children I'm feeling a little guilty.  I know because I'm fat I'm not anywhere near as good at either as I should be.  Fat people get sick more and they cannot keep up with children like they should.

Don't get me wrong.  This isn't a fat fan club.  I'm not here to defend me being fat or anyone else.  If I ever hear of anyone using that excuse seriously I will high five them in the face with a chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be stupid. Remember that this is my life not yours. I want to hear from folks but blatantly offensive comments won't be allowed.