Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Save the Date

Community North Bariatric Rocks

Yesterday I got the call I've been waiting for just over a year to get.  The nice lady at CNB called me around 10AM Monday to schedule my pre-operation testing, final class and surgery!

I wish I could have recorded the call.  Not only is the staff at CNB on the ball, they are the most friendly of folks.  She told me she was calling to schedule and I was so excited I asked her, "What for?  Surgery?!!!?"

I think she probably hears complaining about it taking too long but after THIS experience the 3 or so weeks blew by.


I will put a disclaimer in from this point on because we're going to get all medical and stuff on here.

***I AM NOT A DOCTOR***
***I DO NOT PLAY A DOCTOR ON TV***
***I DID NOT SLEEP IN A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS LAST NIGHT***

Got it?  Good.  If you bitch at me because you happen to read this blog and think that things are going to go exactly the same for you, you're in need of further help.

Where do I go from here?

For info about what's happened up to this point, feel free to browse the other posts on my blog.  You'll see the archive of posts to the right ------------------------------>

Here is what I know so far.  I will be doing pre-operative testing on 9/21.  I have no idea what these tests will be.  From my limited understanding it depends on the patient so what I could be tested for you may not be tested for.

On 10/5 I will be going under the knife for the first time in my life.  Again, I have no idea what to expect other than the type of surgery that will be performed (Roux-en-y).  I hate linking to WebMD because eventually everything you read on that site suddenly ends up with death as the final result.  However their description of the procedure is quite good.

I have a general idea of what will happen at the pre-op testing and class that follows that.  You'll have to come back to find out what happens to me though!

tl;dr

My surgery Date is scheduled for 10/5/2012
YMMV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be stupid. Remember that this is my life not yours. I want to hear from folks but blatantly offensive comments won't be allowed.