Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Journey to Community


I feel like I'm writing a whole boat load of posts but I also want to catch people up.  It's cute how I think people will read this right?

In a previous post I talked about getting started off on this bariatric journey on the wrong foot.  I reference that post because if you just got here you need to read it first.  Or maybe I'm just looking for more page views.

Anywho...

After getting completely pissed off with STV I stewed for about 2 months.  I got whiny and bitchy.  I kept saying this is never going to get done.  I'm going to be fat the rest of my life...words words words (that's for you Johnner if you ever read this)

Then I decided to give another bariatric program a try.  I called 2 different places and the only one that called me back was Community North.

I bit.  I scheduled a day to do their seminar (see I told you there was a trend).  Afterwards I actually felt like a person and a patient.  The program did cost money.  But...and this is a big but (fat joke FTW):
The money covered most of the fees that insurance would not cover.  This is huge.  Sure it's money out of my pocket but it did two things for me:

1.  I had a stake in this now.  I paid them and I expect to get what I paid for from them.
2.  I felt like they had their shit together.

I paid it all up front and talked to the insurance administrator.  She's a super lady.  When I told her what happened at the other program she just said, "Oh I'm much better than that other lady."  I about fell out of my chair laughing.  I knew at least she was going to do her job.

There is another big plus at Community that folks should know.  They are all employed by Community.  They have a stake in all of this too.  Their jobs depend on taking care of fat asses like me.

I felt and still feel warm and fuzzy when I go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be stupid. Remember that this is my life not yours. I want to hear from folks but blatantly offensive comments won't be allowed.