Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Back to Work

I haven't updated in awhile since it was a busy weekend and I started back to work on Monday.  I'm down to 314 lbs which is an astonishing 44 lbs lost so far.  I'll do a double update this Sunday with my other stats.

Going back to work has been great.  My boss (he's going to think I'm sucking up now...) has been great but is stuck in NYC in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy so I haven't seen him in person yet.  Loads of folks came up on Monday morning to welcome me back and ask the usual questions about the surgery.  It is a different but pleasant experience to be the center of attention.

I'm actually starting to do more around the house now.  I feel good, I have loads of energy and miss picking up Ella.  Those are a few of the 642 reasons why I had this surgery.

I only have 2 pair of pants that fit comfortably now.  This is not a new thing for me, but the twist is all of the others are like tents on me.  I plan on bringing a pair into work and hanging it on my wall.  All of my shirts fit.  That's never happened.  Ever.

I found some 2X shirts in the bottom drawer of my dresser so I'll have some when the 3X get to big.  Those sort of things motivate me more than anything.  I used to spend time deciding whether or not to wear what I wore yesterday or the day before.  Now I have to ask my wife if what I'm wearing matches.

I slacked off on my exercise last week and felt guilty about that.  I can tell the difference when I don't exercise as much because my weight loss isn't as great as it is when I do.  However being back to work is helping with that.  I joined the YMCA while I was off so I can go on my lunch hour to work out.  Plus our warehouse is huge so if the weather is bad I can do a lap or 2 around that while 1st or 2nd shift are on break.  When the weather is nice I'll walk at lunch.

I noticed today that I'm not as hesitant to try to remote into a user's machine or call them to work out a problem even if they are in the warehouse.  I just get up and go do it.  Then I walk the long way back to my desk.  I even park as far away from the employee entrance as I feel like when I come to work in the morning.

There have been some down times recently.  I found that large gatherings where food is concerned is an issue if I don't have something to do.  Even if that something to do has to do with cooking.  That's something I'm going to have to work on.

I went to a going away party for a guy I worked with at my last job last night and was worried about that but I had a blast.  I got to see one of my Brothers and lots of folks I used to work with at my last job.  I'm glad I got invited and I'm glad I went.

All in all things are going well.  I don't miss too much but what I do miss I try to remember what its like when I eat it and how I feel afterwards.  This is the easy part.  Almost 0 effort still guarantees that I'll lose weight.  After a year though I'll have to have a new routine in place so I won't go back to the old me.  So far I'm loving the new me.  I hope my wife and kids do.  I'm doing this for them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be stupid. Remember that this is my life not yours. I want to hear from folks but blatantly offensive comments won't be allowed.