Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Are you serious Clark?

So I got on the scale this morning because someone wanted to know how much I had lost since my surgery that was a week ago today.  My home scale has been within .25lbs of the scales at the surgeon's office so I trust it.

I was expecting a pound or 2 maybe 5 but I wasn't expecting 23!  Holy Shit batman!

So here's the breakdown.

- In May of this year I went to my first managed weight loss class I was 358lbs.

- When I checked into the hospital for surgery last Friday I was 352lbs.

- When I went to my follow up on Tuesday of this week I was 350lbs.

- When I stepped on the scale this morning I was 335lbs!

Now there are some factors that skew these numbers but even with the clothes I wore on each day maybe being 3-5lbs (I was nekid this morning) We're still looking at over 20lbs.

It's hard for me to believe that given I was 350 on Tuesday.  But I've been following the diet to a T, walking after every meal and staying positive.  I've been told by the dietitians and exorcise physiologist that walking only 10 minutes after every meal will improve my chances of weight loss by 15%.

I know and have been reminded that it won't always be this easy and my numbers could be way the eff off but the fact that there was such a change in the scale I'm rolling with it.  This is the motivation I needed and this is why this surgery works.

I couldn't even be negative after getting off the scale this morning.  I don't notice a lot of change in things except my clothes are fitting 'normal' now.  I can't wait until they're too big.  I'm going to hang a pair of pants and a shirt that are the largest I've ever worn somewhere to remind me.

I told my surgeon I wanted 2 things out of this surgery besides losing tons (lolz) of weight and being healthy:
- to see my junk again without aid of a mirror
- to be a size 36 waist again.

It's been a long time for both.

Damn it's good to be a gangsta...

2 comments:

Don't be stupid. Remember that this is my life not yours. I want to hear from folks but blatantly offensive comments won't be allowed.