Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Liquid Diet FTW!

So today really gets me a taste of my future.  This is the day before my surgery but if you saw the counter to the right you already know that.

This is not all roses and rainbows folks.  I think in some earlier posts it may have seemed like I'm just having a good time getting ready for this surgery.

Well, that ain't the truth.  In the short time since I found out when my surgery date would be we've had a lot happen.  I've also had to get a lot of things done to prepare for tomorrow.

The biggest has been the god damned FMLA and Short Term Disability paper work.  Talk about a mass of confusion that you're handed by HR.  I hope I have it filled out right.  Something tells me I don't and it's going to be a fight.

Most other stuff is like getting ready to go on vacation.  I have to pack for the hospital.  I have to tie up some loose ends at work.

I'm excited and nervous.  I think I'd feel better if I hadn't forgotten to take my blood pressure meds in 2 days.  Oh well, hopefully soon enough I won't have to take them every again.

I started off the day with some cereal and a banana.  For lunch I'm having Jello and some cream of chicken soup.

Tonight I can have broth or popcicles but not much else and nothing after midnight.

The one thing I never expected was the outpouring of good wishes from my wife's co-workers.  It has been heart warming to say the least.  I appreciate everyone one of the notes I've gotten.

I'll see you on the other side...

2 comments:

Don't be stupid. Remember that this is my life not yours. I want to hear from folks but blatantly offensive comments won't be allowed.